Visual Studio 2017/2019, Installer Project fails to create Shortcuts. This is what i want ..! Can avoid that error by excluding the Setup project from the Debug build: right-click solution -> Configuration Manager, uncheck Build when 'Active solution configuration' dropdown is selected to Debug. Drag it to postion next to old item in Playlist. rev 2020.11.13.38000, Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Programming & related technical career opportunities, Recruit tech talent & build your employer brand, Reach developers & technologists worldwide. Any suggestions. But not here ..! could you expalin it further please. We've partnered with two important charities to provide clean water and computer science education to those who need it most. Can we use Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle to prove that time travel to past is impossible? Issue is in the User's Desktop User's Programs Menu Here we have shortcut - For this we need to set the Target file. Here is my build snippet: can u just copy-paste ur code in this forum, i have a similar error, but cannot resolve it. Why is there 5GB of unallocated space on my disk on Windows 10 machine? Description: The system has detected that the noted shortcut has not been associated with a device on the Runtime (Target) tab. ERROR: Cannot find outputs of project output group '(unable to determine name)'. Right click on it and choose the Properties Window. Stack Overflow for Teams is a private, secure spot for you and ERROR: Invalid or unspecified target for shortcut , ERROR: Cannot find outputs of project output group '(unable to determine name)'. The error it shows is something like this: ERROR: Invalid or unspecified target for shortcut . When you do, your "project's output target" "key output" is wiped out and the shortcut no longer point to a valid target. However, it fails to build it and gives an error. In Shotcut Playlist, go to each item you changed. インストーラー発行元の情報を入力 4. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. I have just one solution and the command line works on my machine. This is a web set up project and I am not able to get this to build using team build. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. I am sure that, i have created a bug on developing Installation project. This was the problem for me too. https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/26352752/Windows-MSI-Installation-Unable-to-set-the-Target-to-Primary-Output-file.html. READ MORE. Why did Marty McFly need to look up Doc Brown's address in 1955? I deleted the project and trying to recreate the project. Viewed 7k times 3. Podcast 286: If you could fix any software, what would you change? Difference between "2-year community or junior colleges" and "4 year undergraduate program" in USA, 90's PC game, similar to "Another World" but in 3D, dark, purple, locked inside a prison. You have to first add project output itself to the "file system on target machine"; then you right-click Project Output and create shortcut in the same folder; then you move the shortcut elsewhere. Would a Federal Job Guarantee hurt the economy? When I go to the dialog to (re-)select the target for the shortcut: My primary output (for my main application) is not present, even though it is definitely listed in the File System view: The setup project was deleted and completely re-created, and checked in. When it was checked back out, I got the exact same error. visual studio 2019 version 16.1.6 windows 10.0. anhig reported Jul 25, 2019 at 01:36 PM . Show comments 6. What crimes have been committed or attempted in space? Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Gain unlimited access to on-demand training courses with an Experts Exchange subscription. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. What gives? Either the group, its configuration, or its project may have been removed from the solution. However, on the build machine it fails. Error      1      The target of shortcut 'MedISControls' is invalid. This command works on my machine. I had followed all the steps mentioned in the document. Pretty much every time I go to build the setup project in my solution, I get the following error: "Invalid or unspecified target for shortcut". Question about plotting a curve and tangent lines. (Unlock this solution with a 7-day Free Trial), ...as for the reference links, just press F1 for Help, and read Help article "How to: Add and Remove Shortcuts in the File System Editor". Invalid or unspecified target for shortcut in Setup Project. >  I need to set the Target :- Primary Output. I just solved this by changing my build mode from Debug to Release. Why doesn't a mercury thermometer follow the rules of volume dilatation? ), Invalid or unspecified target for shortcut in Setup Project. Ultimately, the problem was that I was not specifying name of the solution file. However, the TFS build and the command line on the build box give me the same error that Rekha recieved. When I run the command from command prompt, it gives the same error. Setting all of my items to (Active build) fixed it (after I fixed some configuration issues. Open the target item from the Master Folder. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. Our community of experts have been thoroughly vetted for their expertise and industry experience. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Thanks ..! Experts Exchange always has the answer, or at the least points me in the correct direction! Right, that's the way to go. Either the group,its configuration, or its project may have been removed from the solution. After I specified the name of the solution file in the command, the error went away. On Timeline, set Playhead right before the invalid item. Active 6 years ago. Team Foundation Server - Build Automation, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms404859.aspx, Pre-build validation failes for setup project. On Target - > If we click the button or browse button ... we usually will get "Select Item from the Project" window..! Installer Project の作成 3. I have added a custom task in TFSBuild.proj file to build the setup project. your coworkers to find and share information. Can a druid use Wild Shape in mid-air to survive being dropped? How can I seal a gap between floor joist boxes and foundation? Either the group, its configuration, or its project may have been removed from the solution. If you look at your Errors List you should see the error listed. This goes for the Icon problem as well. More organized. I am trying to build a setup project (.vdproj) using team build. ProgramFiles にコピーするアプリケーションファイルの指定 5. Find the "Target" property and simply set it to the correct value. Yep that's what fixed it for me too. ERROR: Cannot find outputs of project output group '(unable to determine name)'. Sum of digits of sum of digits of sum of digits, Trying to identify an aircraft from a photo, How to deal with a younger coworker who is too reliant on online sources. Is there objective proof that Jo Jorgensen stopped Trump winning, like a right-wing Ralph Nader? When asked, what has been your best career decision? I assume that whatever reason is causing the item to not show up in the "select target" dialog, is the same reason that the build is failing in the first place. My command (my system path has devenv.exe and I am in the location of the VDPROJ): devenv ServiceShipWebSetup.vdproj /Build "Release|Any CPU". One note though - rather than adding all those standalone files to the installation, such as magiclibrary.dll for example, it's better to add those files to the respective projects that are using those files, and specify "copy to output directory", so they all become Primary Output. You are recreating a Shortcut - which is already there in the Application folder. How can I manage a remote team member who appears to not be working their full hours? The command I have added is: >D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\devenv" $(SolutionRoot)\Setup\Setup.vdproj /Build "Release".