Actual item may vary. Easy to set up and install. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. I will need like 125’ to set up the antenna where I want. subscriptions at any time by visiting the Reviews Home page and clicking on the 'here' box under Subscriptions. Purchased the AH-4 as a stealthy compromise and it works surprisingly well! JavaScript is necessary for various functions, Icom AH-4 and AH-3 automatic antenna tuner to fit any radio. It incorporates 22 relays that switch combinations of inductance and capacitance to achieve tuning – typically within 1 to 3 seconds. takes at least 10 watts of power for tuner to work properly. The transceiver and the AH-4 tuner must have a proper ground connection. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. For mobile use (40-6 Meters), add the optional AH-2b whip element (optional). Icom automatic antenna tuner AH-4, AH-3 to any radio. It can also be used for matching 7 to 54 MHz when used with the optional ICOM AH-2b antenna element. With eHam.net Reviews subscriptions, you can receive all messages posted Pick Up Location: If you feel that this review is inappropriate and should be removed from the site, report it to us by clicking the "Report Abuse" button below. Running 100watts my adage is: "If I can hear them, they can hear me.". That is to be expected but, I had to try. 0 from PA, Date: This thing works 80 meters on up--all frequencies of of ham all bands. such as order checkout, to operate on this web site. Eton Elite Executive AM/FM/Aircraft Band/SSB/Shortwave Radio with RDS & Custom Leat... HYS Radios UHF 70CM 10 Watt Ham Radio 400-520 MHz Commercial Series TC-H10W Two Way... Eton Elite Field AM/FM/Shortwave Desktop Radio with Bluetooth, TECSUN Pl-360 Radio Digital PLL Portable Radio FM Stereo/LW/SW/MW DSP Receiver (Black). The antenna tuner for the IC-705 is "to be released", but "I want to use the wire antenna with the IC-705 soon", so I tried to verify whether the AH-4 can be used with the IC-705. Please ensure that JavaScript is enabled. Note: For additional information, please look at the files under the "Documentation" tab. The AH4 wide range automatic antenna tuner is designed to work with the with select ICOM, Package Dimensions: 12.5 L x 42.2 H x 17.8 W (centimeters). After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Icom AH-4Automatic Tuner such as order checkout, to operate on this web site. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Unfortunately the Icom manual is very sparse and only suggests a very basic way in which to use the tuner (wire hanging out of “output” terminal, other end stuck into “ground”). The antenna will roughly be constructed as follows: The first meter or so of the spiderbeam pole will be buried in the sand, preferably with some additional hardware to use as an anchor point. The PL-259s must be soldered on by the user. Survived heat, humidity, rain, and snow for years now. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. You can return any new or unused item within 10 days of the date your item was shipped and we will refund the full purchase price. 0 160 to 6 in 3-4 seconds and I work just about everyone I can reasonably hear. However, with this arrangement the tuner will not tune 6m. With an adequately long wire, it will work on 160 Meters. put out 10 watts or so, even with high SWR. The AH-4 complies with essential requirements of the 89/336/EEC directive for Electromagnetic Compatibility. ICOM AH-4 antenna tuners are specially designed to automatically tune a long-wire antenna for portable or mobile HF/50 MHz operation. dT�D�|�_����Z�^�1��!�L+ɂ7 �{A����@儧2h�A@-\_�z'�hR���t�$�\��bX��G��B�.O�j^��f�y�EQ`�L���Y|��l�bZ�|�Y����+Ȝ��v�f�2�����`�髍�a��ú�����9�����ot���a�[r��0�����9ZQ&��m��m?,a�F0�W ��=�jI��U�r�;��~�U׺�P>+����P6�n��?1��0@9z�peh�^7}9h�i;(q)��g����;��9����R��e�k��~���C�6�+�����Gأ;i����T�-j���j��=n��nʵ�� ȡ�h�#���n� j`���̑��E~-7��l� May 21, 2020, Parts that may improve the performance or installation of part number ICO-AH-4, Mobile Whip Antenna, Tapered Spring Steel Type, Stainless Steel, 1-piece, 8.2 ft. Just read the brief manual and familiarize yourself with the ATU. Privacy and Security I have tried this unit a few times as well as a couple of friends of mine and we have all struggled with RF issues. x�W�r�6��)��E�I@☦�$�!MF3=4=�l1�H����e�,]���)[��@q����/w� � ş�rŠ��'4��]Oa���~���.���_ Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Results: The AH-4 tunes to 1:1 on all 80-10m quickly and easily. Jarboys Outdoors & Marine Supplies -AUTHORIZED. In my case I have a composite bed which makes things really difficult with grounding. The unit is mounted on a 4x4 about 18" off the ground with a 58' wire sloping into a tall pine. However, my wire wasn't working so well because it wasn't high enough. from TX, Date: The AH-4 is a wide-range antenna tuner capable of matching a 50 ohm feed line to an antenna feed impedance in the range of 10 to 5,000 ohms. Worked central Europe and Africa with 100 watts. Please try your search again later. Unable to add item to List. Most of We’ll beat any advertised price on an in-stock product. Tried the ground braid to the chassis but that did not work. I have an AH-4 mobile and one on a 33' vertical but have 4 Icom rigs so it's time to order another. I have had rigs in the past with internal tuners and rest assured this AH-4 is 10x better. Learn more about TLS.yvwsdryfdfryyzerzxuyfuwqswxezt. AH-4 Instruction Manual .pdf 485.86 KB Hi-Resolution Image. The Icom AH-4 automatic antenna tuner is designed to work with select ICOM transceivers including the Icom 703, 703+, 706 MkIIG, 718, 746, 746Pro, 756, 756Pro, 756ProII, 756ProIII, 7000 and 7300. Never miss a sale onnew DX products,station tools, and more! Image is a representation of this item. Just find a frequency, press tune, and you are all set. %��������� After about 3 seconds or so, LED shut off, and tuning is Reviewer: WTB: ICOM AH-4 or AH-3 antenna tuner. No. Setup is about as simple as it gets. found this review helpful. That's okay for now. I have had great success on all bands 80-10m. �]]'[��X\�T(�@HRH�QR '�8O)��sF�L&;iJh��H� �%G�� 8n�4Cp"M�A�dA=�Y_�8�DPI��H5B�/��sR� times. IC-705 TUNER… I have 2 of these connected to Shakespeare marine antennas and it works flawless. AnyTone AT-6666 10 Meter Amateur Radio for truck, with SSB(PEP)/FM/ AM /PA mode,Hig... DIY Kits 1.8-50MHz ATU-100 Mini Automatic Antenna Tuner by N7DDC 7x7 + 0.96 Inch OL... President Richard 10 Meter Ham Radio, 50W PEP. The submerged AH-4 is at least 15yrs old. Tunes quickly and seems to match a wide range of impedance. JavaScript is necessary for various functions, So the only issue I see is the AH-4 only comes with a 15’ control wire to connect to 7300. Best Tech Advice and Customer Support, before and after your purchase! Here is a redesign of connection digram of the ICOM IC-AH3 and IC-AH4 by 5B4AEZ. This project involves a management team of volunteers who each take a topic of interest and manage it with passion. Since I run ICOM radios why not the AH-4. Control cable has White: Start tuning process. | I do have an extensive ground system and I believe that is very important. Your JavaScript appears to be disabled. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. When you plug the control cable connector to the radio (in my case, an Icom 7410), the radio automatically understands that the AH-4 tuner is connected and uses the AH-4 instead of the internal automatic tuner. The control cable is connected to the rear of my IC-7200. ICOM AH-4 ANTENNA TUNER EXPERIENCES. Soon you will not be able to create a secure connection to our web site using TLS 1.0. Length, Each, Antenna Tuner Radio Interface Cable, For ICOM AH-4 to ICOM Transceivers, Four Conductor, 16.4 ft., Each. Click here to view mounting examples. Icom AH-4 and AH-3 ( automatic antenna tuner ) connection to any Moved to a different QTH and a new vertical pipe, flawless operation. AH4 Auto tuner, MFG# AH4 13, the AH4 wide range automatic antenna tuner is designed to work with the with select ICOM transceivers including the Icom 703, 703+, 706 MkIIG, 746, 746Pro, 756 and 756Pro. The AH-4 comes with a 16 foot (5 m) control cable that connects to the rear panel of compatible Icom transceiver. No problem setting it up. DAVID from NY, Date: This modification has been read 7458 to a product via email. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Enjoy! Technical corner Using antenna tuner AH-4 with IC-705 JK3AZL Naoka Takaoka Shipment of IC-705 to retailers has started. Please ensure that JavaScript is enabled. AH-4 hi-resolution image Frequency coverage: 7–54 MHz with the AH-4. It provides reliable matching of frequencies from 3.5 to 54 MHz when using a … ANTHONY Now it's in my Honda CR-V and doing very well with a 103in whip and ICOM 7100. momentary contact switch ). If you are unsure about the purchase (as I was), don't be. The built-in 8-bit microprocessor chooses the lower SWR condition from more than 1,040,000 different LC (coil/capacitance) combinations. JOHN Give this tuner a decent length of wire in the air and a respectable counterpoise and it will work from 6M to 80M. It works like new! 5 completed. Have you any tips, trick or modifications you can't find here, I have used AH4 tuners with my Icom rigs for many years. I bought this based on everyone's reviews here saying it was great, and it IS! stream The AH-4 tuner by Icom is a great, wide-range, remotely-operated tuner. Page 4: Specifications 10 m. • AH-2b ANTENNA ELEMENT A 2.5 m long antenna element for mobile operation with AH-4. I recommend that if you want good results. This tuner requires about 10 watts (5-15 Watts) to activate and can handle up to 120 watts. If tuning is successful SWR should be less than 1.2. the product you have subscribed to. The shield covers were badly rusted before the flood, they aren't plated well. Privacy Policy, Sign up to receive news and special by emailSign Up for Email Request a Catalog, Terms of Use | Site Accessibility Please upgrade your browser from current version( ). A 16 foot (5 m) raw coax cable and two PL-259s are supplied to connect the transceivers antenna output to the AH-4 antenna input.